Catholicism

This is the board for discussions on all things Spiritual. Feel free to join in on a topic, start a topic for discussion, or just ask a question.
Forum rules
Anonymous2

Catholicism

Postby Anonymous2 » Sat May 14, 2016 5:11 pm

I was reading your link to Catholicism, and I being a strong Catholic apperciated and was very moved by your respect and accuracy with regards to what Catholicism is. It is very straight forward and concise, and I am very thankful to you that there was no bashing toward the Catholic Church. Again, thank-you so much! I will recommend your site to people wanting to know about different religions.

namaste_1_61803399

Re: Catholicism

Postby namaste_1_61803399 » Sat May 14, 2016 5:12 pm

I was raised in a protestant background, and was indoctrinated with less-than-flattering points of view about Catholicism in general. While I do not usually find myself in agreement with catholic policy and Vatican dictates, I do find the large majority of catholic lay people to be extremely loving, hard-working, and compassionate people. When times were not easy, when food was scarce, or when I needed uplifting guidance, the catholic was always willing to lend a hand while the members of my own faith chose the path of self-service. To me, like all fruit trees have not-so-good fruit, all faiths will typically have those whose actions paint the whole in a negative light. Spiritual healing and human dignity can bind and heal the wounds of mistakes and misunderstandings from all sides of the religious points of view.
"Though a man may conquer a thousand times a thousand men on the field of battle, the noblest victor is he who conquers himself." Dhammapada 103

Return to “Spiritual-Path.com Forum”