Namaste

This is the board for discussions on all things Spiritual. Feel free to join in on a topic, start a topic for discussion, or just ask a question.
namaste_1_61803399
Namaste

Post by namaste_1_61803399 » Sat May 14, 2016 5:13 pm

I was recently introduced to the ancient concept of "namaste". My understanding of the term is basically "an embracing of the light and love in all humans as individuals". To me, this is a concept of making a habit, and it does take hard work, of looking at the goodness and positive qualities of other human beings, whatever walk of life they may come from. As an American, if I choose I can find 10,000 negative things to say or point out about our President. However, if I embrace the namaste and let it guide me, I can find thousands of things that our President has done that although maybe minor in the larger picture, had a positive affect on various individuals in our society. I can spend hours moaning about the Iraq war, which I cannot just snap my fingers and end, and make everything right as much as I would desire this. Or, I can spend hours meditating on the goodness and dignity of Iraqi men and women and the powerful tenets of humility found in the Muslim cultures. I think this term goes well with my grandmother's old cliche of "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". I would add if you cannot meditate on anything positive, do not meditate at all! Peace and Tranquility to all who view these boards!
"Though a man may conquer a thousand times a thousand men on the field of battle, the noblest victor is he who conquers himself." Dhammapada 103